Kerry is a company director, chairman and advisor, with experience in a wide range of industries and other activities in New Zealand, Australia and elsewhere. He undertakes occasional projects and assignments, including enquiries and as an expert witness.
Kerry initially worked as an economist in New Zealand, Australia and the UK, and was Director of the New Zealand Institute of Economic Research.
He joined Comalco Limited in Melbourne in 1981 and was a CRA/RioTinto Managing Director from 1988 to 2003, working in a number of countries on operations, projects; and developing high performance in companies - which was a World leading CRA initiative, working with McKinseys.
He has been a listed (ASX,NZX,TSX,etc) company director since 1991 and has been involved with many business, public sector and other activities and organizations in Australia, New Zealand and elsewhere. New Zealand Executive of the Year, 1996
Opus International Consultants Limited
2007 -, Chairman 2008 -
Powerhouse Ventures Limited
Chairman 2014 -
National Army Museum
Board of Trustees 2012 -
NZ Institute of Economic Research
Board 1988; Deputy Chairman 2002 -
Australia New Zealand Business Council
Life Member (Past Chairman)
- Company governance, chairing and directing, the development and performance of boards
- High performance – fundamentally improving the performance of businesses and other organizations, in the short and long term
- Effective leadership and performance, particularly the roles of the CEO and chairman, people at all levels and teams
- Thinking, strategic and tactical, innovative game-changing ideas, good solutions to challenging issues
- Decision making, including on complex and very large issues
- International business, competitiveness
- Policy - economic, industry, resources, trade, energy, etc.